Do you want to find the router IP address on Windows, Mac and Linux?
This is article is for you, I will share with you how to find the router IP address on the window, Linux and Mac. You can easily find it because there are many tools available for it. The procedure might differ from one and then another then. Windows follows a command prompt to accomplish several tasks, and they add the new commands every year, but they do not remove the old ones.
How to find a Router IP in Windows?
Let’s start with Windows :
- Press Windows + S together and then run CMD as the administrator.
- The Command Will Prompt then the window will show up on the screen and make sure to open it as administrator.
Type “IPConfig” in the empty field, and then press enter to proceed.
Remember, there are few commands that don’t work unless you have an administrator role. When the command prompt IP address finding command doesn’t work, when all blame goes to you.
- After a few time, you got the IP address on your screen. If you are a beginner, then you might get confused due to many of the numbers flashing on the screen.
You can find the manual in the network setting as well. Go to Windows settings, Network & Internet, and then click on that to view the IP address or IPv4 address.
How to find a Router IP in Linux?
Linux might sound like the term, but there are hundreds of operating systems surrounding the Linux environment. Nothing to worry about in different environments because the Linux OS based on Ubuntu, so there is the option will remain the same on pretty much every sub-Linux OS.
- I have selected the Terminal method because it is a universal method that will work on any Linux terminal on Elementary OS and Ubuntu OS.
- Then Type “IP addrs show” in the empty field and then press the enter for the proceed. Remember, you need to have an administrator role to look up the IP address.
- The Ubuntu terminal offers a complicated interface when this comes to navigating commands.
You can find an IP address in the results and I have marked the spot. The trick is identifying the first numbers related to you for the Internet service provider address and then you can’t track it easily.
How to get a router IP address in Mac?
Mac began with Macintosh, and it is the mainstream MacBook and Mac PC’s on the planet at the present time. The organization uses comparable orders to Linux so the interface may appear to be comparable on Mac OS X. Luckily, we got two strategies, and we will investigate them.
- Go to “Utilities” and afterwards “Terminal.”
- Presently, type “netstat – nr | grep default” in the vacant field and afterwards hit enter to continue.
- You can discover “DEFAULT” and the IP address will appear on a similar line.
The guidelines will deal with more established ages of macOS, so I don’t believe there’s something to stress over the inconsistency.
- Discover “Framework Preferences” and hit enter to open it.
- Snap-on “Organization References” to continue further.
- Assuming you are utilizing a wired organization, click on “LAN” or remote organization, at that point click on “Wi-Fi” to continue.
It will appear on the screen and afterwards click on TCP/IP, and afterwards, you can discover the choice “Switch” and it will show the IP address that you are searching for it.
Apple-planned the organization settings for fledgelings, so it shouldn’t devour multiple or two minutes to get familiar with the interface. Strategy two will capacities on past ages of Mac OS X in light of the fact that the organization didn’t make changes to the choices, and there were a few plan enhancements.
Conclusion: – If you have any question regarding the “How to Find the Router IP Address on the Windows, Linux and Mac” then you can comment to us.